THE BENEFITS OF YOGA
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
38 Ways Yoga Improves Health
1. Improves your flexibility
2. Builds muscle strength
3. Perfects your posture
4. Prevents cartilage and joint breakdown
5. Protects your spine
6. Betters your bone health
7. Increases your blood flow
8. Drains your lymphs and boosts immunity
9. Ups your heart rate
10. Drops your blood pressure
11. Regulates your adrenal glands
12. Makes you happier
13. Founds a healthy lifestyle
14. Lowers blood sugar
15. Helps you focus
16. Relaxes your system
17. Improves your balance
18. Maintains your nervous system
19. Releases tension in your limbs
20. Helps you sleep deeper
21. Boosts your immune system functionality
22. Gives your lungs room to breathe
23. Prevents IBS and other digestive problems
24. Gives you peace of mind
25. Increases your self-esteem
26. Eases your pain
27. Gives you inner strength
28. Connects you with guidance
29. Helps keep you drug free
30. Builds awareness for transformation
31. Benefits your relationships
32. Uses sounds to soothe your sinuses
33. Guides your body’s healing in your mind’s eye
34. Keeps allergies and viruses at bay
35. Helps you serve others
36. Encourages self care
37. Supports your connective tissue
38. Uses the placebo effect, to affect change
"yoga is a safe and effective way to increase physical activity, especially strength, flexibility and balance."
Stress reduction, depression, motivation, adaptive thinking, sleep regulation
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20098228 US National Library of Medicine
Carpel tunnel syndrome
Health benefits of yoga: a review of comparison studies
Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine 2010 Jan; 16 (1):3-12 Ross A., Thomas S.